Desktop Underwriter & Desktop Originator
Starting May 1, 2021, any new loan applications using the legacy Form 1003/DU file format will receive an Out of Scope or Error recommendation and will not be underwritten by DU (see April 20 announcement). If you have new loans in legacy formats that have not had a casefile ID assigned by DU by April 30, you must recreate the application using the redesigned Form 1003 and DU MISMO v3.4 file format.
Visit the New DU User Interface (UI) page to launch the new DU UI to submit loans via the redesigned Form 1003/DU MISMO v3.4 files and access its job aids and other resources. Any existing loans in the legacy 1003 3.2 or MISMO V. 2.3.1 formats should continue to be accessed and re-submitted in the classic UI.
See the Mandate and Implementation Timeline section of the Redesigned Form 1003/DU Quick Guide for more information on legacy re-/submission deadlines.
Today, more than ever, mortgage industry professionals need to save time to generate more business. Desktop Underwriter® (DU®) – the industry-leading underwriting system – helps lenders efficiently complete credit risk assessments to establish a home loan’s eligibility for sale and delivery to Fannie Mae with easy-to-use, powerful tools.
Rely on Fannie Mae’s industry-leading automated mortgage loan underwriting system to:
- Provide a pathway to Day 1 Certainty® and help reduce paperwork and cycle time via the DU validation service.
- Help lenders, brokers, and correspondents generate more loans, boost profitability, improve customer service and gain a competitive advantage in a tough marketplace.
Through Desktop Originator (DO®), sponsored mortgage brokers have access to DU.
Classic user interfaces:
Features & Benefits
- Delivers speedy and efficient underwriting recommendations by aligning with lender processes
- Fast and dependable automated underwriting options for purchase and refinance loans
- Improved credit risk assessment using Trended Credit Data
- Capability to analyze explanations for inaccurate foreclosures, bankruptcy, and mortgage delinquency information on a borrower’s credit report that would affect recommendation and eligibility for sale to Fannie Mae
- Action-oriented and detailed messages via the DU Underwriting Findings report
- DU V. 11.0 Release | July 17, 2021
- DU V. 11.0 Release | June 5, 2021
- DU Validation Service April Release Notes | April 17, 2021
- DU V. 11.0 Release | Mar. 13, 2021
- DU for Government Loan Release | Jan. 16, 2021
- DU Support of Redesign URLA | Jan. 1, 2021
- DU V. 10.3 Release | January 16, 2021
- DU Validation Service November Release Notes | Nov. 2, 2020
- DU Validation Service October Release Notes | Oct. 17, 2020
- DU V. 10.3 Release | August 15, 2020
- DU Validation Service May Release Notes | May 4, 2020
- DU V. 10.3 Release | May 16, 2020
- DU V. 10.3 Release | April 11, 2020
- DU for Government Loan Release | April 11, 2020
- DU Validation Service April Release Notes | April 18, 2020
- DU for Government Loans Release | Jan. 25, 2020
- DU V. 10.3 Release | Dec. 7, 2019
- DU for Government Loans Release | Oct. 19, 2019
- DU V. 10.3 Release | July 20, 2019