Desktop Underwriter & Desktop Originator
Today, more than ever, mortgage industry professionals need to save time to generate more business. Desktop Underwriter® (DU®) – the industry-leading underwriting system – helps lenders efficiently complete credit risk assessments to establish a home loan’s eligibility for sale and delivery to Fannie Mae with easy-to-use, powerful tools.
Rely on Fannie Mae’s industry-leading automated mortgage loan underwriting system to:
- Provide a pathway to Day 1 Certainty® and help reduce paperwork and cycle time via the DU validation service.
- Help lenders, brokers, and correspondents generate more loans, boost profitability, improve customer service and gain a competitive advantage in a tough marketplace.
Through Desktop Originator (DO®), sponsored mortgage brokers have access to DU.
Classic user interfaces:
Features & Benefits
- Delivers speedy and efficient underwriting recommendations by aligning with lender processes
- Fast and dependable automated underwriting options for purchase and refinance loans
- Improved credit risk assessment using Trended Credit Data
- Capability to analyze explanations for inaccurate foreclosures, bankruptcy, and mortgage delinquency information on a borrower’s credit report that would affect recommendation and eligibility for sale to Fannie Mae
- Action-oriented and detailed messages via the DU Underwriting Findings report
- DU V. 11.0 Release | Dec. 4, 2021
- DU V. 11.0 Release | Sept 18, 2021
- DU for Government Loan Release | Sept 18, 2021
- DU V. 11.0 Release | July 17, 2021
- DU V. 11.0 Release | June 5, 2021
- DU Validation Service April Release Notes | April 17, 2021
- DU V. 11.0 Release | Mar. 13, 2021
- DU for Government Loan Release | Jan. 16, 2021
- DU Support of Redesign URLA | Jan. 1, 2021
- DU V. 10.3 Release | January 16, 2021
- DU Validation Service November Release Notes | Nov. 2, 2020
- DU Validation Service October Release Notes | Oct. 17, 2020
- DU V. 10.3 Release | August 15, 2020
- DU Validation Service May Release Notes | May 4, 2020
- DU V. 10.3 Release | May 16, 2020
- DU V. 10.3 Release | April 11, 2020
- DU for Government Loan Release | April 11, 2020
- DU Validation Service April Release Notes | April 18, 2020
- DU for Government Loans Release | Jan. 25, 2020
- DU V. 10.3 Release | Dec. 7, 2019
- DU for Government Loans Release | Oct. 19, 2019
- DU V. 10.3 Release | July 20, 2019
Technology Terms & Conditions
The Technology Terms and Conditions previously provided on this page are now located in the new Consolidated Technology Guide. A PDF version of the Guide and other related content is available on the Consolidated Technology Guide page.