Desktop Underwriter & Desktop Originator
Multifactor authentication is coming to browser-based applications
Starting January 9, 2023, users will see multifactor authentication (MFA) registration screens after logging in to Fannie Mae browser-based applications. To ensure uninterrupted access, register by selecting one or more MFA methods before February 26, 2023, when the use of MFA will be required.
Today, more than ever, mortgage industry professionals need to save time to generate more business. Desktop Underwriter® (DU®) – the industry-leading underwriting system – helps lenders efficiently complete credit risk assessments to establish a home loan’s eligibility for sale and delivery to Fannie Mae with easy-to-use, powerful tools.
Rely on Fannie Mae’s industry-leading automated mortgage loan underwriting system to:
- Provide a pathway to Day 1 Certainty® and help reduce paperwork and cycle time via the DU validation service.
- Help lenders, brokers, and correspondents generate more loans, boost profitability, improve customer service and gain a competitive advantage in a tough marketplace.
Through Desktop Originator (DO®), sponsored mortgage brokers have access to DU.
Features & Benefits
- Delivers speedy and efficient underwriting recommendations by aligning with lender processes
- Fast and dependable automated underwriting options for purchase and refinance loans
- Improved credit risk assessment using Trended Credit Data
- Capability to analyze explanations for inaccurate foreclosures, bankruptcy, and mortgage delinquency information on a borrower’s credit report that would affect recommendation and eligibility for sale to Fannie Mae
- Action-oriented and detailed messages via the DU Underwriting Findings report
- DU V. 11.1 Release | February 25, 2023
- DU for Government Loans Release | Jan. 21, 2023
- DU V. 11.0 Release | Dec. 10, 2022
- DU for Government Loans Release | Nov. 19, 2022
- DU V. 11.0 Release | August 20, 2022
- DU V. 11.0 Release | July 10, 2022
- DU for Government Loans Release | June 11, 2022
- DU V. 11.0 Release | April 23, 2022
- DU V. 11.0 Release | Mar. 19, 2022
- DU for Government Loans Release | Jan. 22, 2022
- DU V. 11.0 Release | Dec. 4, 2021
- DU V. 11.0 Release | Sept 18, 2021
- DU for Government Loans Release | Sept 18, 2021
- DU V. 11.0 Release | July 17, 2021
- DU V. 11.0 Release | June 5, 2021
- DU Validation Service April Release Notes | April 17, 2021
- DU V. 11.0 Release | Mar. 13, 2021
- DU for Government Loans Release | Jan. 16, 2021
- DU Support of Redesign URLA | Jan. 1, 2021
- DU V. 10.3 Release | January 16, 2021
Technology Terms & Conditions
The Technology Terms and Conditions previously provided on this page are now located in the new Consolidated Technology Guide. A PDF version of the Guide and other related content is available on the Consolidated Technology Guide page.