Desktop Underwriter & Desktop Originator
Today, more than ever, mortgage industry professionals need to save time to generate more business. Desktop Underwriter® (DU®) – the industry-leading underwriting system – helps lenders efficiently complete credit risk assessments to establish a home loan’s eligibility for sale and delivery to Fannie Mae with easy-to-use, powerful tools.
Rely on Fannie Mae’s industry-leading automated mortgage loan underwriting system to:
- Provide a pathway to Day 1 Certainty® and help reduce paperwork and cycle time via the DU validation service.
- Help lenders, brokers, and correspondents generate more loans, boost profitability, improve customer service and gain a competitive advantage in a tough marketplace.
Through Desktop Originator (DO®), sponsored mortgage brokers have access to DU.
Features & Benefits
- Delivers speedy and efficient underwriting recommendations by aligning with lender processes
- Fast and dependable automated underwriting options for purchase and refinance loans
- Improved credit risk assessment using Trended Credit Data
- Capability to analyze explanations for inaccurate foreclosures, bankruptcy, and mortgage delinquency information on a borrower’s credit report that would affect recommendation and eligibility for sale to Fannie Mae
- Action-oriented and detailed messages via the DU Underwriting Findings report