Desktop Underwriter & Desktop Originator Learning Center
Depend on Desktop Underwriter® (DU®), Fannie Mae’s dynamic application that helps mortgage loan originators streamline the loan process, provide borrowers with sustainable homeownership opportunities and respond swiftly to changing conditions in a competitive market. Sponsored mortgage brokers have access to DU through Desktop Originator® (DO®).
Use the resources below to optimize your use of the industry-leading automated underwriting system.
Explore training and resources
- Credit Score Eligibility in DU for Multiple Borrowers Fact Sheet
- DU Error Codes
- DU Credit-related Error Codes Job Aid
- DO Online Registration for Brokers
- Credit Information Providers
- DU Qualifying Interest Rate for Proposed Monthly Housing Expense
- DU Potential Red Flag Messages Matrix
- Trended Credit Data
- Borrowers Without Traditional Credit
- Day 1 Certainty®