Desktop Underwriter Validation Service
With the Desktop Underwriter® (DU®) validation service, you can verify borrower income, employment and assets using digital capabilities, which can reduce risk and help you close loans faster.
The DU validation service delivers:
- Automated validation of borrower data, including income, employment, and assets.
- Less paperwork with fewer documents to collect from a borrower.
- Day 1 Certainty® through relief from representation and warranties when income, employment, and/or asset information is validated.
Use the DU validation service to save time and benefit from process efficiencies and a better experience for your borrowers.
Featured Success Stories
Taylor Morrison Home Funding
Learn how Taylor Morrison has been able to reduce application-to-approval time by five business days.
Guild Mortgage is using technology & customer service to meet its customers’ needs, providing affordable home financing.
First Citizens Bank
First Citizens Bank loan officers greatly improved their cycle times and borrower satisfaction in just 60 days.
Police and Fire Federal Credit Union
Learn how PFFCU is providing its members the services of a large mortgage lender with the personalized attention of a credit union.
The Mortgage Firm
Since implementing the DU validation service, they have cut as much as 11.9 days* off their application-to-close time.
U.S. Bank made strategic investments to develop customer-centric technology with Fannie Mae’s technology at its core.
Propel your business with powerful capabilities and make the most of every lending opportunity
How It Works
Once a lender has contracted with third-party data vendor(s), it can begin using the DU validation service.
There are a few steps you need to take to get started.
First, review authorized verification report vendors: Fannie Mae has an open platform for data vendor participation to provide choices for customers. Review the list of available vendors.
Then select and contract with vendor(s) of your choice for income, asset and employment verification:
- For vendors who use a Reference ID: Once contracts are completed, you can start using the DU validation service.
- To automatically obtain reports using the Lender Loan Number from The Work Number (Equifax) or distributors of its reports: complete the setup form.
Access resources in the Resource Center to learn more about implementing and using the DU validation service at your organization.
- DU V. 11.1 Release I Aug. 19, 2023
- DU V. 11.1 Release | April 15, 2023
- DU Validation Service June Release Notes | June 11, 2022
- DU V. 11.0 Release | Mar. 19, 2022
- DU Validation Service April Release Notes | April 17, 2021
- DU Validation Service November Release Notes | Nov. 2, 2020
- DU Validation Service October Release Notes | Oct. 17, 2020
- DU V. 10.3 Release | May 16, 2020
- DU Validation Service May Release Notes | May 4, 2020
- DU Validation Service April Release Notes | April 18, 2020
- DU V. 10.3 Release I July 20, 2019
- DU V. 10.3 Release I March 23, 2019
Technology Terms & Conditions
The Technology Terms and Conditions previously provided on this page are now located in the new Consolidated Technology Guide. A PDF version of the Guide and other related content is available on the Consolidated Technology Guide page.