Dedicated to building better loan quality
Fannie Mae partners with lenders to decrease risk. Together, our shared commitment increases the level of quality and risk oversight delivering certainty to lenders and Fannie Mae.
Get more out of your post-purchase review and avoid risk of repurchase by leveraging the Notice of Potential Defect. This month’s Quality Insider features the Notice of Potential Defect, what it is, why we have reintroduced it and how it can help you avoid the risk of repurchase. Prioritizing risk management and strong quality control can help reduce defects, avoid repurchase requests and support financial resiliency.
Fannie Mae’s Collateral Underwriter® (CU®) is now accessible to eligible quality control (QC) vendors. Using appraisal data and powerful analytics, CU identifies appraisals with a heightened risk of property eligibility or policy compliance violations, overvaluation, or appraisal quality issues. This allows the reviewer to proactively manage appraisal quality and perform the collateral risk assessment with increased certainty and efficiency.
QC vendors’ eligibility for access to Collateral Underwriter will be assessed through a formal intake process, which vets compatibility of the vendor against Fannie Mae’s technology licensing & information security requirements. Eligible QC vendors will be required to attend a Fannie Mae training session on the use of Collateral Underwriter in order to be granted access to the application. Fill out the profile form below to get started.
Boot Camp webcast series on demand
Check out 2022 Boot Camp On Demand covering risk management, underwriting and quality control.
Beyond the Guide
Find out how to get the most from your quality control program.
Seller/Servicer Risk Self- Assessments
Take control of your risk.
Collateral Underwriter for QC Vendors
To be granted access to Collateral Underwriter, eligible QC vendors must attend a Fannie Mae training session.
All QC & post-purchase review process resources
Commit to Quality Control
- 2023 QC Fundamentals Webcast
- 2022 Boot Camp Webcast Series
- Quality Control Calibrations FAQs
- QC Calibration Loan List template
- Best practices for income and employment verifications
- QC Self-Assessment Worksheet
- Successfully Managing the Selling and Servicing Compliance and Performance Review
- Guidelines Related to the IRS Form 4506-C and Tax Return Transcripts
Avoid Loan Defects
- Action Plan Template
- Form 1033, Post-Closing QC Collateral Risk Assessment Analysis
- QC Post-Closing Collateral Risk Assessment FAQs
- Representations and Warranties Framework Summary
- Reverification Tracking Process and Templates
- Post-purchase Review Process Overview
- Sample Quality Control Vendor Management Documents
Respond to File or Repurchase Requests
- Is Anything Missing? Checklist
- Form 1032, Post-Closing Loan File Document Checklist
- HOEPA Worksheet
- Loan Quality Connect Learning Center
- Repurchase Process Infographic