Fannie Mae’s EarlyCheck™ improves the quality of the loan data by providing access to delivery edits and other information that needs to be reviewed before the loan is delivered.
Shedding light on potential problems early allows lenders to address the issue more effectively. EarlyCheck provides access to Fannie Mae delivery edits at any step in the loan process. While EarlyCheck is optional, Fannie Mae recommends it to improve process efficiency and reduce delays in funding.
Planned EarlyCheck enhancements
An enhanced version of EarlyCheck™ is coming, Enhancements will enable lenders to identify and resolve potential errors and streamline loan submissions more efficiently.
Rollout of the new version:
- As of July 11, 2022, the redesigned web-based user interface is available to all customers.
- As of August 8, 2022, all customers integrated through an LOS will be automatically routed to the new solution.
- Easy-to-navigate UI for a positive, intuitive user experience
- Enhanced finding reports provide a consolidated summary that more easily identifies critical edits
- Platform on a cloud-based service
- Supports the ULDD dataset and DU submission files created using the DU Spec.
- Identify and correct issues prior to loan closing/sale for greater certainty about whether a loan can be delivered to Fannie Mae
- Fewer delivery stops and corresponding financial/operational impacts
- Less manual error resolution during delivery process and post-purchase
- Feedback helps lenders to continually enhance quality control processes
Options to access EarlyCheck:
- Direct Integration with a lender’s loan origination system (LOS) and/or delivery/secondary system:
This option is a DU-like integration solution (i.e., it takes a loan origination file or loan delivery file as input and returns viewable results and/or a result data file).
- Web-based user interface:
This option enables a user to import a loan origination file or loan delivery file, run the edits, and view the results.
Technology Terms & Conditions
The Technology Terms and Conditions previously provided on this page are now located in the new Consolidated Technology Guide. A PDF version of the Guide and other related content is available on the Consolidated Technology Guide page.
Fannie Mae’s EarlyCheck tool provides lenders the opportunity to resolve delivery edits earlier in the process because the EarlyCheck application mirrors Loan Delivery edits. This results in fewer post-delivery issues.