Servicing Management Default Underwriter (SMDU)
Servicing Management Default Underwriter™ (SMDU™) is an industry-leading workout decisioning and case reporting tool. It enables mortgage servicers to save time, reduce risks, and enhance their service to homeowners. SMDU simplifies the process of determining workout eligibility, which can allow mortgage servicers to make real-time workout decisions with confidence, offer the best solution to struggling homeowners, and help prevent foreclosure.
- Provides findings for all evaluated workouts (eligibility and denial reasons) and returns all historical prior workout data available from Fannie Mae
- Calculates borrower contribution and promissory note needed for a Short Sale and Mortgage Release
- Includes monthly Fannie Mae Standard Modification interest rate adjustments
- Supports batch processing for Streamlined Modification mass solicitations (B2B integrations only)
- Certainty that borrowers have been evaluated for the full suite of Fannie Mae loss mitigation solutions
- The simplicity of a standard dataset to receive and return data – a first in the industry
- The efficiency of real-time decisioning to enable timely responses and improved workout fulfillment
- The ability to provide homeowners with fast, accurate, and consistent decisions
- The elimination of manual and resource-intensive loss mitigation activities
Use your SMDU UI credentials to access the release notes.
- SMDU Release V. 7.40 | November 20, 2020
- SMDU Release V. 7.39 | October 16, 2020
- SMDU Release V. 7.38 | September 16, 2020
- SMDU Release V. 7.37 | August 19, 2020
- SMDU Release V. 7.36 | July 15, 2020
- SMDU Release V. 7.35 | June 26, 2020
- SMDU Release V. 7.33 | April 17, 2020
- SMDU Release V. 7.31 | February 21, 2020
- SMDU Release V. 7.28 | November 15, 2019
- SMDU Release V. 7.27 | October 19, 2019
- SMDU Release V. 7.26 | September 21, 2019
With SMDU, we are able to absorb policy changes immediately. We’ve seen an increase in approvals – about twice the pre-SMDU rate – especially for solutions that let homeowners stay in their homes.