Mortgage Brokers and Correspondents
Mortgage Brokers and Correspondents understand the importance of reducing risk and working more efficiently. That’s why they choose Fannie Mae applications.
Get to know Fannie Mae’s wide variety of technology solutions. Start with Desktop Originator® (DO®) our leading automated underwriting system which helps you qualify borrowers faster and underwrite quality loans.
Resources for Mortgage Brokers
Getting Started with Desktop Originator (DO)
Mortgage brokers originate loans for sponsoring lenders using DO. This requires a unique account.
- Use DO Online Registration for Brokers to register your organization online for DO (if your organization has already registered, do not use this link to re-register). Use Technology Manager to manage users going forward.
- Once your registration is accepted by a sponsoring lender, you can begin using DO.
If you're not sure your company already has DO, contact the Technology Support Center.
Other resources include:
- DO Sponsoring Lender List: See a list of DO Sponsoring Lenders
- Submit this form to delete a Sponsoring Lender relationship
- Credit Information Providers List: through DO, Desktop Underwriter® (DU®) you can order and receive three-in-file merged online credit reports from a number of credit information providers
- Selling Guide: Access Fannie Mae's policies
Correspondent Lender Resources
Register for applications your sponsoring lender may require.
Uniform Collateral Data Portal (UCDP)
UCDP is a single portal to submit appraisal reports for conventional mortgages delivered to Fannie Mae.
Once registered for UCDP you can register for the following applications:
Collateral Underwriter® (CU®)
Supports proactive management of appraisal quality using an automated risk assessment of an appraisal report.
Uniform Collateral Dataset (UCD)
Provides a common industry dataset to support the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's (CFPB) Closing Disclosure.
File Transfer Portal (FTP)
The electronic document submission format through which electronic files and documents requested during the approval process may be uploaded.
Allows User Administrators to manage their user's access to Fannie Mae technology applications.