Seller/Servicer-Initiated Post-Purchase Adjustments
Effective February 24, 2020: The PPA Data Change Matrix has been updated and it includes 25 highlighted data change attributes that no longer require supporting documentation! This will reduce completion time and streamline processing.
For non-servicing questions, please email [email protected] and for servicing questions, please contact your Fannie Mae Investor Reporting Analyst.
Lender Initiated Post-Purchase Adjustments (PPAs)
If you find there is a discrepancy between data attributes submitted at the time of delivery to Fannie Mae and your loan records, a PPA may be required.
- Seller/Servicer Initiated Post-Purchase Adjustments Job Aid - Step-by-step details on the process and requirements for a PPA submission.
- PPA Data Change Rules Matrix - Required documentation to make a PPA.
- PPA Request Form - Required request form for a PPA submission.
Fannie Mae Initiated PPAs
Fannie Mae’s Data Validation Center (DVC) manages the data validation process. Loans for which Fannie Mae requests a data review are provided to the seller in a DVC Loan Review Report (.xls) in Message Manager. Fannie Mae and the lender will then work together to determine whether a data change is required.
- Post-Purchase Review and Reports Lender Job Aid - Procedures for Fannie Mae initiated post-purchase loan reviews.
- Post-Purchase Review Data Validation Process Steps - Details on retrieving DVC reports, responding to data change requests and submitting documentation.
- Loan Quality Connect Job Aids