Condo, Co-Op, and PUD Eligibility
Fannie Mae is committed to helping lenders lend with confidence. Our ongoing commitment to risk management makes condos a more sustainable and affordable homeownership option for many borrowers.
Impact of COVID-19 on condominium project review
We’re offering temporary additional guidance and flexibilities for project eligibility reviews on condo projects.
- See Lender Letter LL-2020-04, Impact of COVID-19 on Appraisals, for details
- Review COVID-19 temporary guidance for loan originating & underwriting
Step 1: Determine a Condo Project Review Type
Step 2: Follow the Condo Project Review Type Requirements
Step 3: Confirm the Condo Project Insurance Requirements
- At-A-Glance: Condo Project Review and Insurance Requirements
- Ineligible Project Characteristics for Condos
Project Eligibility Review Service
The Project Eligibility Review Service (PERS) is a review method lenders can use to submit project information to Fannie Mae for eligibility review. PERS may be required to review certain types of projects.
Condo Project Questionnaire
Government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) have developed standardized Condo Project Questionnaire forms (1076/1077). Although optional, we recommend these forms. They offer lenders a clear and consistent approach to collecting condo project information from HOAs.
- UMDP Announcement: GSEs Standardize Condominium Project Questionnaires to Increase Consistency, Improve Process
- Form 1076 | Condominium Project Questionnaire - Full Form
- Form 1076i | Condominium Project Questionnaire - Full Form (Interactive)
- Form 1077 | Condominium Project Questionnaire - Short Form
- Form 1077i | Condominium Project Questionnaire - Short Form (Interactive)