Servicer Expense Reimbursement
Fannie Mae’s Servicer Expense Reimbursement team offers fast and efficient reimbursement of expenses incurred while servicing Fannie Mae loans.
Our streamlined Expense Straight Through Processing capability enables mortgage servicers to:
- Lower cost and effort when submitting claims by eliminating documentation requirements.
- Minimize/eliminate the need for rework with ‘one-and-done’ claims reimbursement.
- Reduce cycle times and reject rates with increased automation We also provide a suite of tools to track and resolve issues related to expense reimbursement claims.
Available Now: Property 360 Bulk Claims and Single Claim Submissions
In addition to bulk claim uploads, servicers can now submit single claim reimbursement requests directly to Fannie Mae through Property 360™ with automatic decisioning and manual claims review.
- No-cost solution for all servicers
- All-in-one claims reimbursement solution
- Proactive feedback on potential denials and payment audits
- Reduction in reimbursement timelines
Property 360 for expense reimbursement will replace LoanSphere 571 Invoicing in 2022.
Read the Release Notes to learn more and use the Expense Reimbursement Property 360 Onboarding Checklist to get started. Please submit an inquiry if you need any additional assistance regarding expenses or the system.
Expense Straight Through Processing
- Expense Straight Through Processing is Fannie Mae’s claims reimbursement process requiring less documentation than ever before.
Servicer Expense Reimbursement Job Aid
COVID-19 Payment Deferral Reconciliation Quick Reference Guide
Reimbursement Tips and Best Practices Regarding COVID-19
Expense Reimbursement Dashboard
- The Expense Reimbursement Dashboard, which launches from the Fannie Mae Connect portal, provides claim and expense metrics. These measures include status, volumes, financial detail, and expense exception analysis.
Launch Fannie Mae Connect
Expense Reimbursement Dashboard Exception Dictionary Job Aid
Expense Reimbursement Dashboard Exception Analysis Job Aid
Expense Reimbursement Dashboard Data Extract Options Job Aid
Expense Reimbursement Inquiries
- Questions related to expenses? You can access the Inquiry Response Tool to submit and track inquiries related to expense reimbursement claims that may be denied, curtailed, or pending. Or, you can obtain guidance for unclear instructions related to a claim submission or system issue.
Post Payment Documentation for Expense Reimbursements
- Use the Post Payment Document Request Portal to receive requests for supplemental expense reimbursement information, such as dates or supporting documents. Respond to information requests, and upload the requested documentation.
- RES-Post Payment Documentation Request Portal Job Aid
- FAQs | RES-Post Payment Documentation Request Portal
- Property 360 Release Notes | Sept. 1, 2021
- Property 360 Release Notes | July 28, 2021
- Property 360 Release Notes | May 22, 2021
- Servicer Expense Reimbursement Line Item Updates | June 17, 2021
- Property 360 Release Notes | Mar. 24, 2021
- LoanSphere Invoicing Line Item Updates | Feb. 1, 2021
- Servicer Expense Reimbursement Job Aid Update | Dec. 9, 2020
- LoanSphere Invoicing Line Item Updates | Oct. 1, 2020
- LoanSphere Invoicing Line Item Updates | Aug. 1, 2020
- Fees for Bankruptcy Notices of Forbearance