The Servicer Total Achievement and Rewards™ (STAR™) Program is a transparent and formal framework to recognize our servicing partners for competency, capacity, and overall performance.
What is the STAR program?
The Servicer Total Achievement Rewards (STAR) Program is Fannie Mae’s servicer performance management program. This program:
- Aligns servicer performance with Fannie Mae’s goals.
- Provides a consistent methodology for measuring servicer performance.
- Reduces Fannie Mae’s credit losses by setting targets/expectations.
- Identifies and recognizes our highest performing servicers.
Servicers in this program represent the majority of Fannie Mae’s total credit risk exposure. Participants are evaluated based on their performance in the Servicer Capability Framework (SCF) operational assessment and metrics and the STAR Performance Scorecard.
Servicers are selected to participate in the STAR Program primarily based on total Fannie Mae servicing loan volume and the portfolio composition. The selected servicers are classified into three groups: General Servicing, Solution Delivery, and Timeline Management.
- How to provide documents through the CCE portal
Submit electronic files and documents requested by Fannie Mae for Mortgage Origination Risk Assessment (MORA) and STAR reviews.
- Successfully Managing the Compliance and Performance Review Process
Prepare for the 7-step process.
- Compensatory Fee Information
Review the policy to help identify loans that do not comply with foreclosure time frames, determine and resolve root causes, and remediate the issue prior to further action being taken by Fannie Mae to bill for compensatory fees.
- Investor Reporting Performance Metrics
Use this reference guide to optimize your Investor Reporting functions and review Fannie Mae’s weighted metrics.
- Servicer Self-Assessment
Analyze and manage your performance by using the self assessment tool.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Review the commonly asked questions about the STAR program.