eClosings & eMortgages
eClosings and eMortgages take the home mortgage process digital. These tools can help improve data quality, increase operational efficiency, and create a superior experience for the borrower.
This page provides valuable resources for both lenders and servicers working with or onboarding electronic mortgages and closing processes. Learn about the potential benefits of eClosing and eMortgage and find information to help you implement a digital mortgage process in your organization.
Go digital and discover the potential benefits eClosing and eMortgage can offer. Learn more.
- Save time. Using digital mortgage technologies can help lenders reduce cycle time from closing through delivery and funding.
Streamline processes. Lenders can benefit from operational improvements associated with generating and managing paper closing documents.
- Improve data quality. eClosings and eMortgages can improve data quality and eliminate errors caused by missing documents or signatures in the closing package.
- Empower borrowers. Digital mortgage tools can make it easier for borrowers to access their loan documents prior to closing.
- Guide to Delivering eMortgages. Use the guide to learn Fannie Mae's requirements for delivery of electronic mortgages (eMortgages).
- Review the eMortgage Readiness Checklist. Use the eMortgage Readiness Checklist to prepare for selling and servicing eMortgages with Fannie Mae.
- Choose your vendor(s). Identify, assess, and select vendors for eNote generation, closing platforms, and eVaults.
- Select your warehouse bank. Find e-capable Warehouse Bank (WHB) options on our list of Warehouse Lenders Funding eNotes.
- Verify your servicer can support eNotes. Find servicing options on our list of eNote Servicers & Subservicers. Get approved by Fannie Mae to sell/service eMortgages.
Integrate with the MERS® eRegistry
- New to MERS®? Become a System Member and an eRegistry Participant.
- Already a MERS® System Member? Sign an addendum to integrate with the MERS® eRegistry. For more information, watch the MERS® eMortgage video or read their FAQs.
- eMortgage Onboarding Guidance for Lenders. For a detailed overview on how your organization can go digital, check out a recording of the “Getting Started with eNotes” webinar. MERSCORP Holdings, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac explain how to get started and share tips on how to simplify implementation. View webinar (registration required)
Electronic closings can occur in different ways. Take a closer look at two digital closing scenarios: hybrid and full eClosing with remote online notarization (RON).
Explore interactive content to find out how lenders, title companies, warehouse banks, and real estate professionals are all using eMortgage to better serve their clients.
Unlocking the power of eNotes
Learn how leveraging hybrid eClosings can improve the borrower experience and discover the efficiencies eNotes and auto-certification can offer.