Senior Preferred Stock Purchase Agreement
In January 2021, the U.S. Department of the Treasury (Treasury) and the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) announced an amendment to the senior preferred stock purchase agreement (PSPA) with the Treasury. The amended PSPA imposes additional criteria on the loans we acquire.
This page includes Lender Letters and other resources that introduce the policies we will be implementing in alignment with Freddie Mac and under the guidance of FHFA. If you have any questions, please contact your Fannie Mae representative.
Lender Letter LL-2021-11
Loan Eligibility Qualified Mortgage Rule
Lender Letter LL-2021-09
Introduction of Changes to Loan Eligibility Due to the PSPA and Qualified Mortgage Rule
Lender Letter LL-2021-08
Eligibility of Loans Secured by Second Home and Investment Properties
- Fannie Mae 10k SEC Filing (Feb. 12, 2021)
- Statement on Department of Treasury and FHFA Amendment to Preferred Stock Purchase Agreement from Hugh R. Frater, CEO (Jan. 15, 2021)
- U.S. Department of the Treasury Announcement
- Letter agreement for Fannie Mae
- Treasury Department Press Release: Amendment to the Preferred Stock Purchase Agreement
Where information and insight meet
Fannie Mae Connect™ is your source for data, reporting and analytics, providing full visibility into your business transactions with Fannie Mae.